Monday, April 15, 2013

Yup, 10 pounds

You read that right, 10 pounds! Well... For today anyway. I actually came down with a terrible stomach flu on Thursday night. I didn't eat anything real until Sunday. And that, my friends is how you do it. 
I think that weight loss should be permanent. Kind of like a reward for my pain and suffering, you know?  I'm realistic enough to know that it will likely all be right back on me by tomorrow. But I'm holding out hope. 
Truly though, I'm trying to look at the bright side of this. I am not as hungry as I usually am. I am more satisfied with smaller portions.  I haven't even been dying for sweets like usual. It would seem this 3-day detox, if you will, did everything I can't seem to accomplish on my own.  So, I know it sounds crazy but I am thinking this could be a jump start for me. I'm trying to pay more attention to my body, and listen to if I am really hungry and what kind of nourishment I need instead of just eating jellybeans because I have some and they're delicious. You know?  I know you know. 
I'm not exactly hopeful this will work. We've all been here after praying to the porcelain gods and all. But, I vowed that I would speak honestly on my blog so there it is.  I'm turning my stomach flu into something good. Laugh all you want. 
P.S. my apologies that this post isn't anything pretty to look at. I haven't seen anything worth sharing lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment