Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Game Night Dip

My friends and I planned a game night for last Friday.  Best. Idea. Ever.  We had the great time and laughed harder than we have in a long time.  We each brought some munchies to enjoy and then went crazy with catch phrase.  I'm going to share my dip "recipe" now.  It's not so much a recipe as instructions for how to make it.  I seem to be good at imprecise recipes.  So, here it is.

I made a double batch in a 9x13 pan, but usually do a single batch in a 9" pie plate.  This dip probably has a real name, we usually call it "the raspberry salsa dip".  As you'll soon discover, this particular batch has no raspberry salsa.  Minor detail.  That stuff is IMPOSSIBLE to find.  Hence the new name: game night dip.

Ingredients (for a single recipe):
8 oz cream cheese SOFTENED
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
Chopped red onion, to taste
1 jar sweet salsa
Shredded cheddar cheese
I didn't give amounts for everything because it kind of depends on your taste! 

Spread softened cream cheese evenly in dish
Sprinkle on some diced onion
Next comes the beans




This is the salsa I used.  Found at the Walmart. 
Pour on the salsa and spread evenly.  I used 1 1/2 jars for this pan
Sprinkle on some cheese.  I used the Mexican blend because that's what I buy at Sam's club.  This is about 2 cups.
Bake at 350 until hot and bubbly! About 20-30 minutes.  Serve with tortilla chips.

I'm not gonna lie.. My crew thought this was a weird recipe and weren't sure about it, but in the end it received a thumbs up!

And now, a moment of time shared from game night.  Please excuse the poor quality as I tried out the panorama feature on my phone.
Everyone should be so lucky to have people like this in their lives.
Enjoy this gorgeous weather while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment