Friday, March 22, 2013

Sleeping in Workout Clothes...

So, I'm just going to own it... It takes talent to eat this terribly for so many consecutive days.  Seriously, if I weren't so ashamed of myself I might be a slightly impressed by how much crap food my body can tolerate.  Part of the problem is that I have only been to the grocery store once this month.  On the first.  It's the 22nd.  That's a problem.  Instead, I've been using it as an excuse to eat out.  The reality of the situation is that I still have plenty of healthy options I could fix- I have just chosen not to.  Did I mention I just got home from having pizza out with friends?  Yup, and it was delicious.

In a small attempt to counteract my lack of diet, I've been trying to get back on the exercise wagon.  After the new year began my friend and I decided to purchase the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.


The key to my success


We are both pretty out of shape and may or may not have underestimated how harsh Jillian can be.  Now, you may recall that I do watch the Biggest Loser so there's no excuse for my mistake.   I already know she's a bit crazy.  We started off strong and put in a solid 8 weeks before our lack of fitness really caught up to us.  At the same time, her parents went out of town for the month which left her without childcare, thereby eliminating our usual after school routine.  The nerve!  My extremely sore muscles were thankful for the break.

So, after about 3 weeks of laziness I decided I need to find the motivation and get back to work.  I feel like I should explain that 9 times out of 10 when we got together I said we should skip and she said we had to do it.  Turns out, I really don't push myself all that well.  Back to the point... I decided I needed to do a before work morning exercise routine.  Here's how it went down: Sunday night I slept TERRIBLY and reset my alarm sometime around 3am. No workout Monday.  Monday night I tried again and actually woke up with the alarm! I did not, however, get out of bed.  No workout Tuesday.  Wednesday morning and Thursday morning were a success!  My trick?  I HAVE to sleep in my workout clothes and keep my shoes by the side of my bed. It's kind of pathetic but it's the only trick I have and it seems to be working for me.

In other news, I have decided to take up gardening this summer.  A few of my dear friends and I are all trying to figure this out together.  I love taking on new challenges with friends.  At least we'll all have fun if we aren't successful.  My little sister, Katy, has been a HUGE help in this arena.  Sometimes she's a tad too smart and I have no idea what she's talking about, but she is so patient with my silly questions.  I planted my first round of seeds on Tuesday and I already have sprouts! Surely growing my own vegetables is the secret to eating healthy... Right?!

Lettuce seeds sprouting 
P.S.  I did not work out this morning (Friday).  My small group from church meets on Thursday nights. I treasure my time with these people and have decided that I won't rush away to get to bed early enough to wake up for a workout.  Friday will be my morning of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment